Friday, September 23, 2011

Wk4 - Reading - Creating Happiness

I am so glad that this book has been a part of our program here at Full Sail. It has given me some of the most useful things that I have learned on this journey.

Photo from Microsoft Clip Art Gallery
In the final chapters, I was struck most by the notion of "being the board". I loved the line, "Gracing yourself with responsibility for everything that happens in your life leaves your spirit whole, and leaves you free to choose again." This concept is difficult for people to grasp, but it is ultimately something that has great power to help create happiness.  I would compare this chapter with the very popular quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." If you can fully understand this message, then you can become a much happier person. You will still get knocked over from time to time, but the amount of time you stay down will be greatly decreased. Once you realize that happiness comes from within, you become the master of your life, and you will then be ready to pass on your graces to others.

2 comments:

  1. Jon -

    "Grace yourself..." I love it! To put it in the words of Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." If you want success, then you have to get it; if you make a mess, you have to clean it up. You always inspire me with your creative and very insightful approach. You are one of those guys that whenever I read something of yours, I always think, now why couldn't I have thought of that.

    Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace is such a perfect word because it requires something transcendent and common within us.

    ReplyDelete