Saturday, February 19, 2011

PE4_Wix


The Web 2.0 tool that I will be using for my RILS is Wix!

Wix can be found at the following web address:



Wix is a Web 2.0 tool that allows you to create your own professional-looking Flash websites very easily! You do not need to know any web code or programming. You create your site using simple drag-and-drop technology.

In order to see how Wix works, I decided to start creating a website for a ‘just for fun’ band that I am in with my brother and a couple of friends.

After creating my free account, I entered the Wix website creator.

On the first screen you see, Wix offers you a wide variety of templates that you can use (also free!).



After browsing through some of the music templates to get some ideas, I chose to start with a blank website so that I could really learn how to use all the features of the Wix website creator.



When you first enter the website creator, you are given some tips on how to start creating.



The first thing that I did when creating this site was I looked at and changed some of my site settings.



Next, I added the names of my different pages in the page manager to give the site some structure.




When I post again, I will share how I added the content to my pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment